The MISSION of the OMNEE is to develop and support programs of excellence in the continuum of osteopathic medical education and research in order to meet the health care needs of the communities served by our member institutions. To achieve this mission, the GOALS of the OMNEE are to:
- Develop geographically and specialty-diverse osteopathic graduate medical education training programs.
- Promote opportunities for osteopathic medical student clinical and didactic education.
- Collaborate with member institutions on faculty development.
- Support competency-based education for trainees, including the integration of osteopathic principles and practice.
- Cultivate research through mentorship and financial support.
- Advance compliance with American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and specialty college accreditation standards.
OMNEE Non-discrimination Statement
OMNEE shall not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, or sexual orientation in the selection of faculty and administrative personnel. Selection shall also be in accordance with state and federal government guidelines and in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA).
OMNEE is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA). As a new osteopathic post graduate training institute (OPTI), OMNEE first became accredited in 2008; receiving a 2-year accreditation award. In 2010, OMNEE had its second AOA OPTI accreditation site visit, after which OMNEE received a 5-year accreditation award. OMNEE's third AOA OPTI accreditation visit occurred in March 2016; OMNEE again received a 5-year accreditation award.
Information about the AOA’s OPTI accreditation can be found on the AOA’s website at: http://www.osteopathic.org/inside-aoa/accreditation/opti-approval/Pages/default.aspx or by contacting: